Your brand’s online presence plays an essential role in your marketing strategy, but with so many social media platforms out there, it can be hard to know which one is best for you and your business. If you’re trying to decide between Instagram and TikTok, the choice might not be as simple as you think! Below are five benefits of being on Instagram, followed by five more of being on TikTok. To find out which network would work best for your brand, read through the lists and see how well each social media platform aligns with your goals and objectives.
Why You Should Get On Instagram
With over a billion users and counting, it’s hard to deny that Instagram is a massive social media juggernaut. With its focus on visual content and engagement, it’s easy to see why. Here are three reasons why you should join up, and start using it for business
1. Image-Based Marketing: Social media marketing has always been about visuals, but with Instagram, visuals take center stage. It’s no secret that people love looking at pictures of pretty things; with Instagram, there’s no need to make an exception for yours! Posting beautiful photos of your products will help drive sales and create brand awareness among new audiences. You can also use a combination of images and text in posts to tell stories about your business and what it does. The possibilities are endless!
2. Instant Access To Millions Of Users: One huge advantage Instagram has over other social networks is its sheer size—it’s currently one of the most popular social networks in existence, after all. Getting on board now means you can start connecting with a massive audience right away, whether they follow you on their own accord or because you tagged them in a post.
3. Installing A Brand's Personality: Instagram gives you a unique opportunity to put a personality on your brand that could be difficult to pull off on other platforms. Your posts can not only showcase what you do, but also how you feel about it and what makes you tick as a business. To put it another way, your customers are learning about who you are—and if they want to be a part of that, they’ll buy from you!
Why you should get on TikTok
TikTok’s popularity is ever-increasing, and I want to give you a few reasons why you should get on TikTok for your business.
1. Increase reach: This can be beneficial if you are looking to increase brand awareness or have an ad campaign that has a time limit.
2. Ads: You can create paid ads that will increase engagement in terms of likes and views
3. Cost effective: Using these platforms won’t cost as much as some other social media platforms, especially if you are new to social media marketing.
4. Video content: This platform offers more video content than some other platforms.
Choosing Between One or the Other
If you have a product that appeals to a younger audience, it’s likely you’ll want to go with TikTok. However, if you have something more complex, then Instagram may be best for your brand. It all depends on what type of posts and marketing approach would resonate best with your audience. Before making a decision one way or another, it may be helpful to do some user testing. Reach out to friends and family members who are on both platforms and survey them as they use each app.