top of page
  • Writer's pictureSeth Flora

5 Things Every Roofer Needs to Succeed Online

Updated: Jul 27, 2023

As a roofer, you know what it feels like to be at the top. But if you want to take your business to new heights then you’ll need to make sure your online presence is strong and that customers can find you. In this blog, we’ll cover the 5 things that every roofer needs to be successful online. So, let’s jump in!



5 Things Every Roofer Needs to Succeed Online


A powerful website


In today’s fast-paced online market any business that doesn't have a website is already at a disadvantage. But just putting a website up that doesn’t meet the Necessary 5 isn’t going to work. What are the Necessary 5? Simply put, it’s the basic page every website needs.


  1. Home page

  2. About us page

  3. Services page(s)

  4. Blog

  5. Contact us page


If your website doesn't have these 5 pages then you’re going to struggle to turn visitors into customers.



Roofing website examples


Your Home Page needs to answer the basic questions that anyone looking for a roofing company is going to ask.


Your "About Us" Page needs to not only let people know who you and your company are but also explain why they should trust you with their roofing needs.


Your Services page(s) should outline what you do, how you do it and answer frequently asked questions about those services.


Your Blog should be a place where you share valuable information that homeowners should know. You can also use it as a place to introduce each of your team members to build trust with your future customers.


Your contact page should be easy to navigate making it more likely that visitors will schedule with you.


Ensuring that your web design incorporates these 5 things is vital!


Social Media


Social media is one of the first places people will begin researching your roofing company. That’s why it’s vital to be active on your platforms. You should be posting at least 3 times per week and no more than once a day. The content you publish should follow the 80/20 rule - which means that 80% of your content needs to engage with users while the other 20% needs to sell. This rule is important because it creates a better connection with online users making them more likely to share your content because it contains information, is funny or tells a story.



Social media


As a roofer who works in a local area, you should only use a handful of social media platforms. I recommend using Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. All these platforms allow you to run targeted ads which can help bring in new jobs.


Your social media marketing should reflect who your company is and what makes you unique!


SEO


SEO, search engine optimization, is the process of getting your website at the top of Google searches. This is based on keywords - a keyword is a word or phrase you type into Google.


Here’s an example:

I’m a local homeowner who has a leaky roof and needs it fixed ASAP! I hop on my phone or laptop and Google the phrase “Trusted roofer in Springfield Ohio”. Google will show me a handful of results.



SEO


Statistically, I am going to choose one of the top 3 results. So making sure that your site is one of those 3 can be the difference between a new job or sitting around and waiting.


There are tons of factors to increase your search rankings including backlinks and blogs.


What’s a backlink: A backlink is a link to your website from another site. Backlinks help your rankings because it shows Google that your site is trustworthy.


Blogs help your rankings by bringing in visitors which Google recognizes as an important ranking factor.



Quality photos


Roofing businesses are unique in the need for quality photos. Having before and after photos that are high resolution can help convince customers to choose your team over those with low-quality photos. An added benefit of high-quality photos is that they make you seem more professional and trustworthy. Below are a few examples of the difference a good photo can make.



Quality photos


These photos can be used on your website and social media profiles to help promote your roofing company as well!



Video


With the rise and popularity of TikTok other platforms like Facebook and Instagram are putting more focus on expanding their short-form video content by promoting it more than static images.



Final thoughts


If you want to succeed online you need to make sure your website has the Necessary 5, keep your social media profiles active and busy with valuable content, work on getting your website into the top 3 results on Google, and use high-quality photos and videos.


If taking this all on seems like a daunting task that you just don't have time for then consider hiring LEO Digital Marketing to handle all of your roofing marketing needs.


bottom of page